Book this private tour over the amazing mountain villages of Lefkada, see the traditional hidden side of the island (off the beaten path), combine it with local tastes and unique homemade wine tasting, amazing sightseeing to photoshoot, culture, and skip the line!
It was a great experience in Lefkada we had together with a really wonderful family of 4, from the U.S.
Find How to get to Nidri from Lefkada, Vasiliki, Meganisi, Ithaca and Kefalonia!
The best things to do in Lefkada are vital for your holiday here.
Lefkada, the fourth largest island in the Ionian Sea, it combines hospitality, tourism, adventure as well as impeccable elements of mainland Greece, with the beauties of an island.
Lefkada island, is an attraction of hundreds of thousands of tourists each year, due to its connection with the mainland's coasts through the floating bridge.
Lefkada has all the elements that will make your summer holidays unforgettable!
The sights of the island are countless, as well as the places you should definitely visit. We recommend the 10 things you should not miss out on this beautiful island.
1. A walk in the city of Lefkada is one of the best things to do on the island. It is at the same time the port of the island and has a special urban web, reminiscent of "fishbowl".
Walk in the beautiful alleys, which will lead you to small squares and observe the traditional houses, the elaborate bell towers and the paved footpaths and the colorful small buildings and bars.
2. The fortress of Aghia Mavra is at the entrance of the city and was built in 1300 by Sicilus Ioannis Orsini in order to repel the pirates.
Today it hosts the Logos and Art Festivals.
3. Visit the lagoon, which is one of the most valuable wetlands in the Ionian Sea. It is protected by the Ramsar International Convention, being considered a wetland of international importance and is a place that will impress you.
The area operates a perennial fish farm.
4. Visit Angelos Sikelianos museum. The house where Angelos Sikelianos was born and raised, it has been recently renovated and redesigned to a small and modern museum.
The belongings of Sikelianos and his previous wives, the original copies of his poems and his documents as well as the sounds and the visuals within this museum will travel you into time, and will also educate you during your visit in Lefkada.
5. Take your bike and explore the island. Especially the city of Lefkada and its nearby beaches or the mountainous part of the island are all some ideal areas for cyclists.
Ask the locals for the best routes, take water and a hat with you and get ready for rectangles.
6. Nydri is considered to be the largest tourist resort on the island. It is ideal for diving and water sports, while there is also the pulse of the nightlife of the island.
From his harbor commute ships for Meganisi, Ithaca, Kefalonia and Sterea Hellas as well as private cruises and private boat tours.
7. Explore the beaches of the island with crystal clear waters. Kathisma is ideal for water sports, the exotic beach of Egremni and the famous Porto Katsiki are just some of the dozens of options for summer dives.
Both windsurfers and kite surfers will be thrilled at Ai-Giannis Beach and Vassiliki. Find private tours here.
8. In the nearby islands of Kalamos and Kastos, you will discover unique beaches with crystal clear waters and impressive caves.
Find tailor-made private cruises and private boat tours and include Kalamos and Kastos on your day trip!
9. The waterfalls of Akoni are still a special location of the island. Escape from the heat of the summer in an exotic environment that wondered the two great writers of Lefkada, Angelos Sikelianos and Aristotelis Valaoritis, who often tell them in their works.
Due to the difficult off-road access of Akoni waterfalls, try our 4x4 private tour.
10. A very important cultural event of the island is the International Folklor Festival, which takes place in August.
From the bands and artists from many countries of the world they meet each in Lefkada and exchange the creations of their spiritual and artistic tradition. Events include dance, music and cultural meetings.
Also search for adventure private tours, private boat tours and house rentals in Lefkada.